Unfortunately not. The expat health insurance that we offer only meets the requirement for the § 193 (3) VVG.

If your visa or visa renewal is requiring the § 257 Abs. 2a SGB V, then to meet the requirement, you will need full public or private health insurance.

You can use our Health Insurance Tool to help you figure out which health insurance options are best for you based on your situation.

We also have a FAQ here about the different types of visas and which ones expat health insurance will likely meet the health insurance requirement for.

Did this answer your question?