• Yes, but we don’t recommend that students get expat insurance in Germany since it is limited to five years.

  • Instead, students under 30 should look at public health insurance options as it covers nearly everything you would need for a longer period of time. If you are over 30, it might be cheaper to go on expat insurance until you finish your studies and can move to public insurance.

  • If you’re from the EU, you can use your EHIC (European Health Insurance Card).

  • Ultimately, expat insurance is for those who cannot get on public or private insurance but still need to fulfil the visa requirement or know they will only be in Germany for a limited period of time.

Did this answer your question?