• Expat health insurance is an excellent option if you're a freelancer or self-employed. Expat insurance provides emergency and accidental coverage in addition to any illness you might have.

  • If you’ve been publicly insured in the EU or the UK within the last three months, we recommend getting on public or private insurance after moving to Germany. If you are staying in Germany only temporarily you may also signup for expat insurance. You should check out our recommendation tool to go through the other options before signing up for expat insurance.

  • Freelancers and those who are self-employed are considered to be "voluntarily insured,” or freiwillig versichert, which means public health insurance companies are not obligated to insure them.

Did this answer your question?