There are plenty of English-speaking doctors in Germany—but our customers tell us it can be difficult to know exactly how to find them. Here are three ways to find an English-speaking doctor near you.
1. Do a Google search for "English-speaking doctor near me"
We polled our non-German team and asked them what they thought the best way for finding an English-speaking doctor was. The number one result? Google.
These days Google is getting better and better at nailing your search requests. In most cases, the highest-rated, most trusted, and most convenient results will simply pop up right before your eyes. When searching for a doctor, just be sure to add “near me” after your keywords so it shows all the results located nearby. Also keep in mind that this trick works for finding an appointment with a doctor who speaks any other language!
Tip: You can also search for specialists this way.
The results will show you patient reviews, as well as the doctors' exact locations on the map. Go on, give it a try!
2. Use Doctena to book an appointment with an English speaking doctor.
Doctena is a really great tool for finding an English-speaking doctor in Germany. Their service is especially cool because you can actually book an appointment right on the platform—no need to waste time on the phone. Of course, all phone numbers are listed if you do prefer to call.
Here’s the step by step guide for how to use Doctena:
- Go to their website https://en.doctena.de/
- Choose the speciality that you need (e.g. general practitioner, dermatologist etc)
- Enter the the city that you are living in
- Choose your language—you're not just limited to English!
- Select "Find" and view your results.
- Make an appointment by either using the book online feature or call the number. That's it!
3. Use TK's "Find a Doctor" tool
You don’t have to be a TK member to use their “TK DoctorGuide." It's a really handy tool that makes quick work of finding English-speaking doctors all over Germany. We like this one because it includes a ton of doctors in just about every city and it's really simple and easy to use.
- Go to https://www.tk-aerztefuehrer.de/TK/englische-suche.htm
- Select the type of doctor that you would like to see.
- Enter the city that you need to find a doctor in.
- Choose the language that you wish the doctor to speak. (Again, you have the choice of many languages.)
- Click "Search" and view the results.
That's it. Simply look through the results to find the closest English-speaking doctor near you. Now, call the number and make an appointment.
Note: If you would like to become a TK member, you can sign up easily and in English in just a few minutes here: https://signuptk.de/